Saturday, September 20, 2008

sharing the load


As much as we are blessed by our four (so far, Lord willing) children, sometimes I marvel at how much their little lives are enriched by each other. Whether playing or working, they always can find at least one partner.






I'm not exactly sure what particular role Ava filled in shucking this corn, but I know that Luke appreciated her company. It's always more fun to do work like this with a friend.





Thanks to Luke's efforts, we enjoyed yummy corn on the cob for dinner. I think Luke enjoyed the work more than the fruits (vegetable? grain?) of his labor. But little moments like this are building what will, Lord willing, be a lifelong friendship for these two.



What a privilege it is to watch these bonds form!

6 comments:

Cutzi said...

I love, love, love that last picture!

Cutzi said...

Oh, and duh! She was obviously the nigh nigh holder. That's an important job ya know!

amy said...

Cutz. I love that you said nigh nigh correctly!

Joyce said...

What a sweet post and series of pics! :)

KAMILLE said...

I see how much more rich your lives are with more than one child. I look forward to seeing these bonds being made with our children.

Anonymous said...

Um...Cutzi called it. Nigh nigh holder is a very serious, demanding position. Not everyone is up to the task. Or as cute.

-Aunt Helen